How do you get the information about your class test? The respective subject teacher tells you about it. You have to keep it in your mind. Similarly, the authority issues the notification regarding any entrance examination.
It is not always possible to remember each and every detail regarding an entrance examination. If you too want to know more details about JEE advanced examination, then read this article till the last.
Here, we are going to provide you with all the details regarding JEE advanced admit card and other important instructions.
JEE Advanced Entrance Examination
JEE is an undergraduate entrance examination. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency. It is for all the aspirants who want to study in the top engineering colleges of India.
One can get admission in the various IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, etc. by cracking the JEE examination. JEE examination is held twice a year.
This means a candidate can appear twice in a year for the entrance exam. The better of the two JEE main marks are used for deciding the rank of the candidate.
Important Facts regarding JEE Advanced
JEE advanced examination is one of the toughest examinations. It does not mean that cracking this examination is impossible. There are some facts related to the JEE advanced examination. Let us find out what are they
- It is one of the toughest and the most challenging examination in India.
- It is a national level examination.
- The mode of the examination is online i.e., computer-based.
- The JEE advanced is held twice a year.
- The question papers of this examination are available in two languages – English and Hindi.
- The question paper carries questions from mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- A candidate can apply for JEE advanced examination for a maximum of two times for two consecutive years.
- The examination is objective type.
- A candidate will be provided four marks for each correct response.
- One-fourth (1⁄4)thof the marks i.e., one mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates can opt for category privilege.
- Earlier, there were both objective and subjective type questions. It is not the case now.
- The English language was also the part of the examination. It is not the part of examination now.
- A candidate needs to have secured at least 75% marks in their class 12th
- A candidate belonging to SC/ST category needs to have secured 65% in the class 12th
- For determining the JEE main marks and ranks, the following factors are considered
The number of applications received.
The difficulty level of the entrance examination.
Numbers of questions in the exam paper.
Correct response by the candidate.
Previous year JEE main marks and rank category.
Details of JEE advanced admit card
The JEE advanced admit card is the gateway to your entrance exam. IIT Roorkee will tentatively release the JEE advanced admit card in the second week of May. Candidate needs to download the JEE advanced admit card so as to appear in the examination. No candidate is allowed to enter the examination hall without JEE advanced admit card. It is the responsibility of the candidate to check for any error in the JEE advanced admit card. A candidate must keep the JEE advanced admit card safely for further use.
Details in the JEE advanced admit card
The JEE advanced admit card contains the following information.
- Name of the candidate.
- Name of the parent/guardian.
- Date of birth
- Status of the person with the disability (if any)
- Roll number of the candidate for the JEE Advanced examination
- IIT Zone
- Name and address of the examination center
- Centre Code
- Exam date and time
- A scanned photograph of the candidate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Other important instructions.
Steps to download the JEE advanced admit card
Any registered candidate can download the JEE advanced admit card. Below are the steps to download the JEE advanced admit card.
1 – Click on the official link for the JEE advanced admit card.
2 – Enter the registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID.
3 – The JEE advanced admit card will appear on the screen.
4 – Take the printout and save it for future use.
Candidates are required to carry the following things along with the JEE advanced admit card.
- Pens (black and blue) with the transparent body
- Original photo identity proof. The valid ID proofs are
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan card
- School/College ID
- Driving Licence.
There are few items which are not allowed during the examination in the exam centre. They are
- Electronic devices, earphones, mobiles, pager, health band, pen drives, a smart/digital/ programmable watch
- Log tables
- Study material
- Geometry box
- Any pieces of paper other than JEE advanced admit card and ID proof.
- Any piece of jewelry.
Important Instructions for the Final Day
Finally, the day has come. On the final day, you have to be well prepared for the examination. There are some instructions for the final day.
- Have a proper breakfast and keep your calm.
- Don’t panic.
- It is necessary for a candidate to reach the exam center before time to avoid the hassle.
- There is the formality for the verification of the candidate. Kindly cooperate with the invigilator.
- Login carefully for the examination.
- Read the instructions carefully and abide by it.
- There is no grace time. Try to complete the question papers within the time limit.
- Even if you are not getting all the questions right, don’t worry. Maintain your calm.
JEE is the joint entrance examination. The National Testing Agency conducts the JEE advanced every year. A lot of engineering aspirants fill the application form of JEE. They aspire to study in one of the world’s best colleges. For that, they try to do the impossible. It is very important to download the JEE advanced admit card. The admit card is your gateway to the examination center. Read the instructions carefully. Remember all the important dates. Carry all the important documents on the final day.
Every year a lot of aspirants try their luck for cracking one of the difficult entrance examinations. But for that, it is not good to neglect your health. Don’t take metal stress. Always maintain your calm. Don’t act smart in the examination center. This can cost you a lot. Also, it is important to focus and concentrate only on the examination and not on the result. If you do well, the result is going to be good. Even if you lose to crack the examination don’t get demoralized. Try one more time. You never know what is there for you. There are so many options out there. You only have to see and approach them.